MangoApps allows you to extend social capabilities in a smart way across every level of your company. It makes a, deep and practical impact on how communication happens in the Enterprise 2.0 and beyond.
(Most of the features are explained in demovideos on the MangoApps web site)
- Microblogging: Enterprise microblogging is a mode of communication that is becoming as compelling to use behind a firewall as services like Twitter, Facebook and FriendFeed on the web. The core concept behind microblogging is short but frequent status messages that can be seen by colleagues who want to know what you are working on.
- Messages/Feeds: Messages are short (1000 characters or less) status updates that tell your colleagues what you’re doing or what you’re thinking. These updates are available in real time to colleagues who are following you and also visible to everyone across your company. These micro-updates give everyone a sense of what their colleagues are doing.
- Comments: Many activities in your MangoApps generate feed items. You can think of a feed item like an email message but organized by topic. You can comment on any feed item that is visible to you. When you make a comment, the person who generated the feed is notified. If there are people who are following the originator they will also be notified when you add a comment.
- Message/Feed Filters: Depending on the type of message/feed items you want to see, there are multiple pre-built filters. As an example the Inbox filter shows your relevant view of the communication happening in the company. It has messages/comments from people you follow, projects you are part of and your private communication.
- Instant Messaging: MangoApps provides a seamless integration of real time presence and instant messaging (IM). Just click on the Send IM link below the person’s picture and you can instantly initiate a one-on-one chat.
- External IM Link: Provide people with a way to reach you in MangoApps even when they’re not part of your MangoApps domain. The External IM Link is a URL that people can use to start a chat with you.
- Direct Messages: Direct Messages are private messages delivered to only those colleagues that you specify. Replace internal email and send colleagues direct messages with any size file of any file type. On reply, additional colleagues can be added as direct message recipients. To send a direct message, click the button on the top-left side of the MangoApps Dashboard.
- Project Messages/Feeds: Sharing your work with your project members generates a feed that is visible to the team. Project messages allow relevant members to collaborate on a task and see what other project members are working on. Project messages promote openness within the project team which fosters a more engaged and productive team.
- Wall Feeds: Wall feeds are a great way to publicly or privately say something to a colleague. It is like the wall of a person on Facebook except that is accessible to only company employees. All awards, gifts, and birthday wishes sent to a person automatically appear as a public wall message. Public wall messages are visible to any co-worker viewing the profile. A new wall message is pushed in real time and becomes visible to the recipient and their followers.
- Poll Message: Polls are messages where the originator is asking you for your opinion from a set of predefined choices. Polls are a great way to solicit opinion from your co-workers on anything that you feel a need to get a vote on.
- Like it, Watch it: If you like a message, express yourself by clicking on Like It. Your Like It preference is visible to anyone viewing the message. Watch it is a great way to prioritize a message and have easier access to it and the comments as the conversation unfolds. When you watch a message it appears under the Watched filter in the dashboard.
- File Sharing: MangoApps allow you to collaborate on multiple levels. You can share documents, pictures and files in your instant messaging, group chat, or microblogging windows. A document can be shared with your followers, project members or an individual along with a message, comment or IM.
- Link Sharing: Links can be shared with your followers, project members or an individual over a feed message, comment or IM.
- Colleague and Team Suggestions: MangoApps suggests colleagues you might want to follow as well as groups and projects you might want to join. On the dashboard, look on the right-side menu for your suggestions.
- WhitePaper Why microblogging and activity streams will overtake email for enterprise communications and collaboration
- WhitePaper 4 Keys to Successful Project Collaboration And Execution
- WhitePaper Detailed MangoApps vs. Others Comparison Matrix
- WhitePaper Download MangoApps quick look
- Free Sign Up