SP Community builds upon SharePoint 2010’s Social Features to create easy to use online communities that work. With the evolution and maturity of the SharePoint platform and release of the SharePoint 2010 product, many organizations have surpassed the ‚Get it Installed, Get it Launched“ phase and are wrestling with user adoption and increasing the overall activity of their SharePoint site(s). In particular, the use of SharePoint’s social features can be challenging for organizations and users alike. Whether it be the use of MySites, Activity Feeds and Profiles or managing and governing self-service site creation for team collaboration and interaction the road to increased adoption and higher collaboration can become a lot less daunting and a lot more realistic with SP Community from SusQtech.
SP Community Overview
The out of the box social capabilities of SharePoint 2010 are much improved from that of its MOSS predecessor with the addition of activity feeds, note boards and better My Sites. These new features tend to be a bit rigid, however, not allowing SharePoint administrators much in the way of configuration options and overall flexibility to adjust to meet the needs of their organization. Our SP Community Suite gives you the flexibility and enhancements you need to create highly usable online communities in SharePoint 2010. With an interface that users of Facebook, LinkedIn and Buddy Press will easily recognize, your online SharePoint Community will be up an running in no time.
SP Community Highlights
- Expanded Activity Feeds keep your colleagues update
- Activity Feed comments allow you to comment on colleague activities
- Two-Way Colleague option gives users control of who their colleagues are
- Easier interface to locate and make colleague connections.
- Easy to use and configure web parts to build your community pages.
- Custom Master Pages and Page Layouts get you going out of the box.
- Simplified status bar for posting status updates (including easy document and image uploads).
- Self Service group wizard to allow users to easily create and manage peer groups.
- Enhanced My Content and My Profile pages.