Workshare Point enables users to retrieve and file content to Microsoft SharePoint without leaving Microsoft Office. Documents and emails can be retrieved and filed directly into SharePoint from the very tools used to create, send and receive them.
Workshare leverages the content management and collaboration capabilities of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 to provide a rich user experience to manage documents and emails. With Workshare Point, you can reduce end-user training and increase adoption of SharePoint by providing easier access to SharePoint repositories. Connect Microsoft Office Users to SharePoint Transform SharePoint into a central DMS Enhanced email management Easy SharePoint browsing Create a single document view Integrated with Workshare Professional Microsoft SharePoint Integrations
- Connect Microsoft Office Users to SharePoint : Workshare Point provides a tight integration between Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Transform SharePoint into a central DMS : Workshare Point enhances Microsoft SharePoint 2010 as a Document Management System by providing a „document centric“ front end that provides integration to both Microsoft Outlook and Office for better Microsoft SharePoint access and content management.
- Enhanced email management : Because Workshare Point integrates Microsoft SharePoint and Outlook, you can access SharePoint document libraries from the Outlook Navigation pane. A Reading Pane view in Outlook lets you perform tasks on documents within SharePoint. You can also easily drag-and-drop files from SharePoint into Outlook email either as links or attachments.
- Easy SharePoint browsing : Workshare Point provides a familiar user interface that allows fast SharePoint browsing when you open or save Microsoft documents. Control folder views provide either a tree view or navigation capability. You can even use FAST search technology from within the browser.
- Streamlined Document Views : With Workshare Point, you can use document views from within Outlook to highlight a file or see file data such as last author or version history. To access files directly from within Outlook, simply click Preview or open the file.
- Integrated with Workshare Professional : Workshare Point integrates with Workshare Professional, giving you the ability to compare documents from within Outlook, and even versions within SharePoint. It also provides an alert when a returned document has been altered, performing an auto comparison in the background that allows you to preview the Redline from within Outlook.
Microsoft SharePoint Integrations
- Integrate with SharePoint Online through Microsoft Office 365
- Integrate with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Integrate with Microsoft SharePoint 2010