Techtra Mail2Share is an Enterprise Grade Solution that delivers seamless integration between Microsoft Outlook and Sharepoint. Ease of use and quick user adoption of sharepoint are just a few of the benefits that users and administrators experience. Techtra Mail2Share gives users and administrators that much needed bridge between two key applications.
SharePoint & Outlook Integration
- Drag-and-drop emails, attachments and documents from Outlook to SharePoint libraries
- Add SharePoint libraries in the form of Outlook folders
- Drag & drop one or more attachments from an email to SharePoint libraries
- Provides an intuitive navigation tree of all SharePoint sites, libraries and folders
- Easy SharePoint libraries deployment & configuration by a Central Configuration
- Automatically capture e-mail metadata
- Instantly apply custom metadata
- Work online & offline
- Storage of e-mails in an .msg format
- Store e-mails in SharePoint Records Center
- Support for In-Place Records Management
Emails, Attachments & Documents Drag-and-Drop
Emails and attachments can be easily moved or copied from Outlook to SharePoint libraries and folders through drag-and-drop or using Outlook business rules. Message fields are instantly captured in Outlook and mapped with the SharePoint columns. Users can set content types and apply custom metadata, then save e-mails as .msg files that have an automatically generated unique name.
- Auto capture of email fields (To, From, Date, etc.) in Outlook
- Allow to apply custom SharePoint metadata in Outlook
- Dynamic prompt for adding custom or SharePoint required metadata
- Support for multiple Content Types
- Support for Deep Level Folder Structures
- Create new SharePoint libraries folders directly from Outlook
- Take full advantage of Outlook Search capabilities
Access SharePoint directly from Outlook
- Access SharePoint content directly from Outlook
- Full access to SharePoint views, search and edit capabilities in within Outlook
- Provide access to content by using a SharePoint Data and a SharePoint Site in the Outlook Pannel
Outlook and SharePoint Synchronization
Users can select specific documents libraries for sync to Outlook. Off-line content is kept up to date with auto background sync based on start-up and time intervals. 1-way and 2-way sync configuration options can be set by users for specific libraries.
- True 1-Way Sync (items are moved from Outlook to SharePoint)
- Supports 2-Ways Sync between Outlook and SharePoint
- Background Sync on start-up and on configurable intervals
- Manual Sync a specific libraries
- Select multiple libraries to syncat once
- Automatically disable background sync when offline
- Automatic addition of new libraries at sync
- Easy sync conflict resolution
- High performance synchronization for large libraries
- Zero impact on Microsoft Outlook start-up or general use performance
Metadata can be used online and offline to easily organize and find content. The e-mails and documents metadata can be edited or added to one or multiple items at a time, with a right-click action.
- Easy Metadata Mapping through Content Type Configuration
- File Upload Window for quick metadata completion
- Quickly enter or update missing metadata
- Edit/Change metadata for multiple items at once
- Set default library metadata
- Provides an intuitive metadata mapping window
- Use the Search Folder for Metadata Management Issues
Mail2Share adheres to SharePoint security. Users can only upload or view content for libraries/lists where they have appropriate SharePoint access.
- Use default Windows logon credentials
- Use different Windows Username/Password & Domain credentials
- Support of standard IIS authentication types
- Adheres to all SharePoint permissions and settings
- Support for SSL (https://)
- Mail2Share Installation Guide: This document provides information about using the features and functions of the software and cover the installation of the Mail2Share Add-On for Outlook.
- Mail2Share User Guide: The various sections of this guide cover the installation, configuration, activation and other aspects that will facilitate your work with Mail2Share.
- Mail2Share Administrator Guide: The sections of this guide cover the installation of the Mail2Share Add-On for Outlook and the network deployment of the Mail2Share solution.