Today, many organizations use SharePoint lists to maintain information such as contacts, leads, and user information. With this user information readily available in SharePoint, organizations naturally want to use it for basic communication such as an e-mail message to the user community designated in a specific list or site. The BambooSolutions Group E-mail Web Part allows project managers or site administrators to send a group email to a SharePoint list, site or Active Directory group.
- Send bulk e-mails to all users in a SharePoint site.
- Send bulk e-mails to all users in a list, such as a Contacts list, using the list’s e-mail address field.
- Create and send e-mails based on an existing e-mail template.
- Filter the list of e-mail addresses through a standard list view.
- E-mails can be sent through desktop email client or via server side’s SMTP.
- Send group emails to Active Directory security and distribution groups.
- Select custom site groups as well as standard groups to restrict which users can send group emails.