What is a content audit?
A content audit is an effort to catalogue all the pages and files on your existing intranet (as well as file server and other content repositories) and then determine the quality and usefulness of each piece of content, in order to make a decision on whether or not the content is worth adding to the new intranet.
Here are the 7 steps:
- Decide upon your content inventory format
- Locate all your content repositories
- Decide who will conduct the content inventory
- Discuss & socialize your ROT criteria
- Start listing content in the content inventory spreadsheet
- Review your results
- Delete or decide when you will delete ROTten content